Monday, June 7, 2010

My Discipleship Class

 "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;" 
- Colossians 1:10 -

I am so excited to introduce to you my discipleship students!
  
            Michaela & Donelle
Back in April of this year I started a discipleship class that meets at my house twice a month.  My students, Michaela and Donelle, are best friends that both live about a mile from my house.      
Above are some of the goodies I gave them at the first class.    
 My main focus in this class was to encourage the girls to deepen their walk with God and learn to love and devour His Word.  The Bible is our guide for life, and one of the first things we must do as a Christian is develop a desire for it. 
1 Peter 2:2 "As new born babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby;"   



I was blessed by the cheerfulness and enthusiasm both the girls demonstrated each time we met.  



Michaela and Donelle are both so sweet and I love them dearly.  I look forward to seeing how God will use this Discipleship class to grow each of us closer to Him.  







3 comments:

  1. Proud of you lil' sis! You're doing a fantabulous job encouraging them in their walks with God.:-)

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, your discipleship girls look so sweet and fun! Thanks for sharing pictures. I'm sure they were challenged to seek God's guidance more than they normally would. And I'm sure you did a fantastic job teaching! I wish I could have been one of you students!

    See you in 2 WEEKS!!!! YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Sarah! Way to go! Oh, did you find a good program or books to use? Because I still want to start one, but I don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete